HTC Smart phone not connecting to PC only charging? Or HTC Smart phone not showing up on the computer? It may be caused by the missing HTC Smart USB drivers or corrupted drivers. To fix the problem of the HTC Smart phone won’t connect to a computer, download the HTC Smart USB driver, and install it on your computer.
To properly connect HTC Smart to a Computer or Laptop using a USB cable, HTC USB drivers must be installed on your Windows computer. If you’re wondering where you can download the HTC Smart USB driver for Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, then we have got you covered. Here on this page, we have shared the official USB driver for HTC Smart and the ADB interface drivers, and Fastboot drivers.
Once the HTC Smart Android USB Driver is installed, you’ll be able to connect HTC Smart to a computer as an MTP USB device (MTP Transfer Protocol). When connected as an MTP device, you can transfer images, videos, documents, and other files to and from your phone to your computer.
If you have installed the HTC Smart ADB driver and Fastboot driver on your computer, then you can pass ADB commands and Fastboot commands to perform certain operations on your phone from your computer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download HTC Smart USB Driver
- 2 How to Install HTC Smart USB Drivers
- 3 How to Install HTC Smart USB Drivers Manually
- 4 How to Install HTC Smart ADB and Fastboot Drivers
Download HTC Smart USB Driver
The HTC Mobile Phone drivers shared here can be used to flash stock firmware, stock recovery, TWRP recovery, CWM recovery, unlocking bootloader, etc. It can also be used for general purposes like transferring media, documents, and other files from phone to computer and vice versa.
HTC Smart Driver for Flashing Firmware
Download HTC Sync Manager for HTC Smart
HTC Smart USB Driver for normal connecting to PC
The HTC Smart Fastboot and ADB drivers can be downloaded below.
HTC Smart ADB and Fastboot Drivers
How to Install HTC Smart USB Drivers
- Download the HTC Android Driver package (HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.zip) and extract it to Desktop on your computer.
- Once extracted, you'll get the HTC Drivers setup file (HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.exe).
- Launch the HTC USB Drivers setup as administrator on your Windows computer.
- Now, the HTC Phone Drivers setup should start decompressing the HTC Driver installer.
- Once decompressed, the installer should start installing the HTC USB Driver on your computer.
- When the installation is completed, the setup window will close automatically.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
How to Install HTC Smart USB Drivers Manually
- Download and extract the latest Google Android USB Driver (latest_usb_driver_windows.zip) on your computer.
- Launch Device Manager on your computer by right-clicking Windows Start Button and selecting Device Manager.
- Once the Device Manager window loads, click on your Computer name.
- Now click on Action and then select Add legacy hardware.
- Now Add Hardware Wizard window should open. Click on Next to continue.
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) option and click on Next.
- Now select Show All Devices and click on Next.
- Now click on Have Disk… to launch the Install From Disk window.
- Now click on Browse… from the Install From Disk window and navigate to the folder where you have extracted the drivers in Step #1.
- Now select android_winusb.inf driver file and click on Open and then on OK.
- Select the Android ADB Interface driver from the list and click on Next.
- Confirm the Hardware driver to install and click on Next to begin the installation process.
- Once installed, click on Finish.
- Follow Steps #3 to #13 again and install the Android Bootloader Interface driver and Android Composite ADB Interface driver.
- Once all the listed drivers are installed, restart your computer.
How to Install HTC Smart ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- Download the 15 Seconds ADB installer on your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to obtain the ADB installer setup file.
- Now, right-click on the ADB driver installer setup file and select Run as administrator.
- Now a command prompt window should load on your computer.
- It should ask whether you want to install ADB and Fastboot driver on your computer. Press the Y key and then press Enter.
- Now, it should ask whether you want to install the ADB driver system-wide. Press the Y key again and hit Enter.
- Now, the ADB and Fastboot driver installation process should start.
- When the installation is completed, it will ask whether you want to install device drivers. Press the Y key and then press Enter.
- Now the "Device Driver Installation Wizard" window should pop-up.
- Click on Next to install the Google USB Drivers (WinUSB).
- Once the installation process is completed, click on Finish and reboot your computer.