Facing trouble connecting HTC J to a computer using a USB cable? Computer not recognizing USB when HTC J is connected to PC? It might be because of the missing HTC J USB drivers or bad or corrupted drivers. To fix the HTC J not showing up on the computer, download HTC J USB Drivers and install them on your Windows computer.
Most computers don’t have proper Google Android USB Drivers installed, so it is required to download HTC USB Drivers and install them on your computer. Once the HTC drivers are installed, we can adequately connect HTC J to the Computer or Laptop using a USB data cable. You can download official USB Drivers for HTC J along with ADB interface drivers and fastboot drivers on this page.
With HTC J Android USB Drivers installed, we can establish a secure connection between a computer and a smartphone. It helps transfer files and data like images, videos, and documents between the computer and the mobile phone through MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
With the HTC J ADB driver and Fastboot driver, we can pass ADB commands and Fastboot commands to the phone from the computer via Command Prompt (CMD) and perform certain operations.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download HTC J USB Driver
- 2 How to Install HTC J USB Drivers
- 3 How to Install HTC J USB Drivers Manually
- 4 How to Install HTC J ADB and Fastboot Drivers
Download HTC J USB Driver
The HTC Mobile Phone drivers provided here can be used to flash stock firmware, stock recovery, TWRP recovery, CWM recovery, Unlocking Bootloader, etc. They can also be used for common purposes like transferring media, files, and documents to and from phone to computer.
HTC J Driver for Flashing Firmware
Download HTC Sync Manager for HTC J
HTC J USB Driver for normal connecting to PC
The HTC J Fastboot and ADB drivers can be downloaded below.
HTC J ADB and Fastboot Drivers
How to Install HTC J USB Drivers
- Download and extract the HTC Phone Drivers package (HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.zip) to the Desktop on your computer.
- When extracted, you'll get the HTC Android Driver setup file (HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.exe).
- Open the HTC Drivers setup as administrator on your computer.
- The HTC USB Driver setup should start decompressing the HTC Driver installer.
- When decompressed, the installer should start installing the HTC USB Drivers on your computer.
- Once the installation process is completed, the setup window will close automatically.
- Finally, restart your computer.
How to Install HTC J USB Drivers Manually
- Download and extract the latest_usb_driver_windows.zip to Desktop on your computer.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer by searching device manager (devmgmt.msc) from Windows Start Menu.
- When the Device Manager window opens, click on your Computer name.
- Now click on Action and then click on Add legacy hardware.
- Now Add Hardware Wizard window should open. Click on Next to continue.
- Now select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) option and click on Next.
- Now click on Show All Devices from the list and click on Next.
- Now click on Have Disk… to open the Install From Disk window.
- In the Install From Disk window, click on Browse… and navigate to the folder where you have extracted the drivers in Step #1.
- Now select android_winusb.inf driver file and click on Open and then on OK.
- Now select the Android ADB Interface driver from the list and click on Next.
- In the next screen, confirm the Hardware driver to install and click on Next to begin the installation process.
- Once installed, click on Finish.
- Follow Steps #3 to #13 again and install the Android Bootloader Interface driver and Android Composite ADB Interface driver.
- Once all the listed drivers are installed, reboot your computer.
How to Install HTC J ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- Download and extract the 15 seconds ADB installer zip package on your computer.
- Now right click on the adb installer setup exe file and click on Run as administrator.
- Now a command prompt window should open.
- It should say, Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? Press the Y key on your keyboard and hit Enter.
- When it says, Do you want to install ADB system-wide? Press the Y key again and hit Enter.
- Now, the ADB driver and Fastboot driver installation process should begin.
- When finished, it should say, Do you want to install device drivers? Press the Y key and hit Enter.
- Now the "Device Driver Installation Wizard" window should open.
- Click on Next to install the Google USB Drivers (WinUSB).
- Once installed, click on Finish and restart your computer.